Tuesday, March 12, 2013

El Sabor

I love reality cooking TV. It is, perhaps, my most ridiculous entertainment weakness. I understand that this is, without a doubt, the nadir of first-world culture: watching people cook food as fast as they can and not even having the eating of it as the point. And yet, it's stupid entertaining.

Right now, my obsession is The Taste. Anthony Bourdain judging a cooking competition? Oh my god, yes. Please. Wait, wait, wait. Nigella Lawson too? Best show ever.

The other judges, meanwhile, amuse the crap out of me. Ludo Lefebvre is easily just on the show so they could have the most annoying Frenchman in the history of TV. He's nigh unintelligible, mean as hell, and the most arrogant jerk ever. It's hilarious. The other guy is named Malarkey. He lives up to it.

Anyhow, my absolute favorite person on the show is, without a doubt, Khristanne Uy, Charlie Sheen's former personal chef.  Look at her: 


Yeah. Badass. She's got a slightly arrogant confidence that doesn't make you think she's a terrible person, she's just honestly better than you at what she does. And what she does looks so very delicious. She's won more gold stars than anyone else on the show, by far, and she's just. Wow. Awesome.

Fun show. Want more. TVTVTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment