Monday, August 19, 2013

I have issues.

Last night, I sat on the couch, deep in internal turmoil. Sipping a glass of Tang, a stray thought had sent me down a rabbit hole that I couldn't leave until I had exhausted a complete internal audit of every important factor.

For a solid 15 minutes I sat there, growing angrier and angrier at myself for not finding an answer, and more and more exhausted as my mind raced for one.

The stray thought? There has to be a way to connect Leonardo DiCaprio to Kevin Bacon in only two steps.

Oh, three was easy. I found tons of ways to get three! But two! Surely there's a way to get two! There's so many ways to Kevin Bacon and DiCaprio has touched so many people.

15 minutes, sitting in darkness, and finally, with disgust and regret at how long it took me, I happened upon the link. Tom Hanks. Catch Me If You Can and Apollo 13. There was no joy in that revelation, as it was too easy. Too basic.

And that's what it's like to live the emotional trivia roller coaster that is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment