Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My favorite MRA quote of the week

As much as we talk about patriarchy theory in here, one of the things I rarely see mentioned is how it wrecks the minds of the men who believe it. I was a good little feminist boy, and as a result I had an essential part of my identity taken away for years because I bought into an ideology that demonized every aspect of my being. All I can say is God damn it feels good to finally be a man.
-some moron on Reddit why would I bother linking this

 TL;DR: Patriarchy is bullshit; it feels so good to be a man.

I wonder why it feels so good to be man. I can't begin to imagine why that would be. If only there were some logical connections to be made here, informed by nuanced analysis of society.

Oh well!

For the record, I am not ashamed to be male. I'm pretty happy to be so! That doesn't mean I can't also rage against the entrenched societal structures that give me so, so many invisible advantages because I genuinely want to be on an equal playing field with everyone else (no exceptions) in society.

I am a happy man. I am a grumpy feminist. These things are not exclusive and don't conflict with me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment